- Condoleezza Rice major speech in Paris where she argued the case for a united US/EU stand for freedom and democracy.
- Michael Ledeen came out in support of the Iranian opposition referendum this week.
- The Iranian regime arrested Iranian activist leader Nargess Adeeb and others.
- Iran says it won't give up nuclear technology.
- In response, Condi warns Iran must or be referred to the UN Security Council.
- Senator Santorum introduces Iran regime change legislation, with White House approval.
- North Korea and Iran circle the wagons.
- Contrary to popular opinion, one Iranian press service reports: The Iranian people would not defend the regime against a foreign attack.
- Rafsanjani, (whom many consider the puppet master in Tehran) gave USA Today a rare interview.
- Michael Rubin wrote an excellent introduction to the present crisis with Iran in, Will Washington Support Democracy in Iran?
- I chastise Time magazine's report, Why Iran will go Nuclear.
- Iran wants the EU to accept a "promise" not to build nuclear weapons.
- Iran starts producing torpedoes.
- Iranian Blogger describes her 36-day stay as 'guest' in a Tehran prison.
- For the first time Pakistan admits that Dr A Q Khan passed secrets and equipment to Iranian officials.
- And the US is using drones over Iran.
Sunday, February 13, 2005
The Iran Update
Here are a few headlines from Iran, courtesy of the superb blog on the subject RegimeChangeIran (The bold articles are a 'must').